Summer is the best time of the year to have fun and enjoy life. With temperatures going higher and higher, we all want to find ways to cool off. That’s why having a pool is so helpful! Unfortunately, not everyone can afford to have a fancy in-ground pool. On the other hand, that’s why above-ground pools exist. Like any other type of pool, they have their advantages and disadvantages. So, if you’re wondering if you should get one, here’s all you need to know about them. Weighing the pros and cons will help you decide if this is the right type of pool for you.
Advantages of Above-Ground Pools
There are numerous advantages to above-ground pools. They have their own great features, ways of installment, and aesthetic appeal. Let’s talk about some pros that might be enough to convince you to get one:
- The price — One of the main advantages is the price. While not everyone will find them affordable, above-ground pools cost significantly less than other swimming pools. DMG Pools offers them for $1,200 to $5,000.
- Easy installment — It’s always best to leave pool installation to professionals who will ensure everything goes smoothly. However, if you’re handy, you can easily set it up yourself.
- Relocation — If you decide you’re not happy with your pool’s location, the swimming season is over, you are moving into a new house, or you want to resell the pool, you can relocate it easily. You will still have to make an effort, but at least it’s an option, unlike with in-ground pools.
Disadvantages of Above-Ground Pools
Not every pool can have it all and be perfect. So, there are some disadvantages to this type of pool. Many of these cons won’t make much of a difference in your decision, but it’s still helpful to know about them so that you’re aware of any potential issues. The disadvantages include:
- Aesthetics — When it comes to looks, above-ground pools might not look as good as the in-ground ones. Plus, there’s not much you can do about the way they look on the outside.
- No added property value — These pools don’t add value to your home. So, if you’re looking to sell it at some point, don’t expect the price to go up just because you have an above-ground pool in your backyard.
- Not as durable, and options are limited — No pool lasts forever, and while the maintenance is easy, their durability doesn’t impress. Plus, if you want a custom pool or cool features, your options are pretty limited.
How to Make a Decision
Weighing the pros and cons sometimes seems like an impossible task. However, you just need to consider your needs and purchasing power. Take into account all of the pros and cons before making a rash decision. If you need more convincing, take a peek at the DMG Pools gallery to see if above-ground pools are something you want.
DMG Pools at Your Service
If you’re looking into Houston pool companies, we’re here for you. We offer fair prices and have over 35 years of experience. If you’re looking for any kind of pool — contact us. Requesting a quote is absolutely free, so let’s get in touch and see what we can do for you.